Hi my name is Wanda Badwal. How I came to find myself on the yoga mat is something that still inspires me. From an early age I was exposed to meditation and spirituality as I grew up in a very alternative family and I feel I have been guided down this path ever since. In 2008 I moved from Hamburg to Berlin and found a personal refuge and oasis at the Spirit Yoga Studio and my quest to go deeper began in earnest.
In Germany I had trained as a professional musical actress and undertook studies in singing, acting and dancing. This had assisted in launching me onto the media stage and I found myself both in front of and behind the camera. One of my favourite passions is still as a photographer who can capture the essence of a story in a single image.
These times were both testing and trying as what I was putting out was not returned to replenish the deeper craving I had. At times I exceeded my own limits of expectation and energy. I came to know all too well what it means to lose yourself in the external world.
My journey from an external focus, to finding a more internal (and surprisingly larger) space was driven by a strong desire to find more depth to my existence and deal with the bigger questions of life. I partook in silent retreats, mediation seminars, Ayurvedic massage training in India and continued to dive into the teachings, philosophy and practice of yoga. Not only as a physical practice, but as a way to live a more sustainable life and become the best version of myself.
I want to share all I have learnt on my journey with other souls who are embarking on their own voyage of self exploration. What this means for each individual varies greatly but I would love to offer my services to support and enable each person the opportunity to flourish and connect with the path of the heart.
In gratitude, Wanda.
The Yoga classes I offer are a blend of creative, mindful and loving sequences that are both playfully challenging and spiritually uplifting. I share an alignment based, elegant flow that includes all aspects of a complete practice: asana, pranayama, savasana and meditation. Whilst I have a broad range of experience, my strongest abilities lie in Vinyasa Flow, Traditional Hatha Yoga, and meditative practices like Restorative and Yin Yoga.
I also infuse elements of music and mantra chanting during my classes.
What I share encompasses my passion for yoga with a sparkling joy of life and always from a space of the heart. I love to inspire people on their way of self knowledge and awareness with the hope of reinforce in them, their own authentic expression.
Most recent work
The Practice ( Canggu, Bali ): 2015 – 2017
Yoga Teacher 10 classes a week, Workshops and 3x YTT
Radiantly Alive ( Ubud, Bali ) 2015 / 10 Classes a week
Yoga for all Mankind Studio ( Berlin, Germany ) 2015 / 5 Classes a week
Spirit Yoga Studio ( Berlin, Germany ) 2014 – 2016 / 5 Classes
• Remember who you are Retreat – Germany June 2017 • Slow Down Retreat – Germany – June 2016
• Inner Beauty Retreat – Bali / Ubud 2015
• Surf & Yoga Retreat – Bali / Nusa Lembongan 2015
• Rise and Shine Retreat – Germany – June 2015
Yoga Certifications & Trainings
• Vinyasa Flow ( 320 hours Yoga Alliance) in Spirit Yoga Studio Berlin with Patricia Thielemann • Pre – and Postnatal yoga teacher (100 hours YA ) with Patricia Thielemann
• Teaching Beginners, Special Basic Training ( 50 hrs. ) with Patricia Thielemann
• Aerial Yoga (50 hours YA)
• Fly High Teacher (50 hours YA)
• Tantric Hatha Yoga: Pranayama, Meditation, Mudra and Mantra (200 hrs. YA) with Octavio Salvado
• Yin Yoga (50 Hrs.) with Jennifer Raye ( online )
• Vinyasa Krama – The Energetics of Sequencing ( Master Training 100 hrs ) with Rod Stryker
Co – teacher at ‘The Practice’ Yoga Teacher Trainings
Subjects I lectured on at the Yoga Teacher Trainings
• Improv & Group Building • Class Sequencing
• Hands On Adjustments
• Voice, Expression & Mantra
Facilitator of Workshops in
Monthly Women Circle
Harmonium Classes and Singing Private Classe
7 Chakras Workshop
Yoga of Sound – Mantra & Expression Workshop Hands on Adjustments for Yoga teachers Prenatal Workshop
• Regular School Education in Germany ( Abitur ) 13 years
• Musical Actress , 3 years diploma in Singing, Acting and Dancing • Reiki Master
• Ayurvedic Massage
• Matrix Energy Work Facilitator